Where I've Been Map

Friday, March 14, 2008

Coldplay and cold pizza

Well, I have some exciting news...after 4 days of listening to Coldplay (what else can you expect from an internet cafe--my new home--in a hippie/trekker base-town?) and eating cold pizza left overs in my hostel, I've finally finished a full draft of my Master's Thesis. Well, more or less. Ha!

I spent quite a few hours in this internet cafeand have become bff with the owner, who has unofficially hired me as his WiFi tech rep. I am not sure whether this is sad on my part because it demonstrates how many hours I spent here, or on his because I am decently computer illiterate for my generation...

My brother saved me from my misery yesterday afternoon...but the look in his eyes trumped my pain. Let's just say he was a little beat up. Enough so that I wouldn't dream of making him return to the park in anything less comfortable that our beautiful Hueona, whom he had missed dearly. So we spent today just driving around what we had planned to hike in 7 days. Exciting and nostalgic moments included a lot of wildlife including a horde of zorros chillin' on the gravel of a mirador (viewing spot)...but that made me sad because they made me miss my little white fox I like to call 'piaga,' and a titastic shout out to Team Tejas (see the pic kids...what do those mountains look like to you? Don't let the name--Cuernos/Horns--mislead you, friends!).
Unfortunately, the the national park's namesake peaks were in the clouds most of our day and only peaked out at the end (pun intended)(caption: you can see the base of two of the torres just to the left of the bridge uprights), but the whole park was beautiful anyways and my brother was overly nice to make it up to me (any bets on how long that one will last!?)

And side note: outside the park is a giant cave that used to be inhabited by a Milodon (aka giant sloth aka my big teddy bear aka my new bff)

Anyways, this is just more of a boredom update because I am back at my second home while my dear brother re-asserts him back into the world....
...dang it, I thought I was done with BREASTFEEDING for the week!

No comments: